What is FootGolf?
FootGolf is a combination of soccer and golf, with players using regulation size #5 soccer balls on a traditional golf course. Similar to golf, it uses tee boxes, greens, bunkers, and hazards, with the players' intent to kick a ball into a 21-inch diameter hole in the least amount of strokes possible. The sport originated in the Netherlands.
Country Oaks Golf Course is the only course in this area accredited by the American FootGolf League (AFGL).
What is the cost to play, and when is the course open?
- Adults: /person
- Children under 18: /person
- Ball Rental: /ball
FootGolf is open after 5pm everyday for play - please call for availability before 5pm.
How long does it take to play a round of FootGolf?
It takes approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours to play 9 holes.
What are the basic rules of FootGolf?
- Soccer cleats are not allowed.
- Players must wear sneakers or turf shoes.
- The ball must be played in a single movement. You aren't allowed to push the ball with the top or bottom of your foot.
- Wait to play until the ball has completely come to rest. Play the ball where it lies - you aren't allowed to move the ball unless it is obstructing another player's kick (then you can mark the spot and lift the ball).
- The player farthest from the hole is the first to kick the ball. The order of play is established based on the score of the previous hole. The player with the best score will kick off first on the next hole followed by the second, etc.
- Rake sand traps when necessary.